Chili and Soup Cook Off Information
See Flyer for more information
- Entry is free. Entrants must register by 11/10/21! Contact Jim Meyer — email@example.com to register
- The public is invited to enjoy a variety of different chili recipes. For $10.00 per person, you may sample as many as you like. You will receive a ballot so you can vote for your favorite! Drinks are included.
- Chili should be pre-heated and brought in a crock pot or other vessel capable of keeping your entry hot.
- Entrants should arrive about 3:00 to 3:15 to allow for setup time
- Entrants should make a large enough batch (4-6 qts.) to allow as many people as possible to sample their chili. More available samples may equal more votes!
- Cups and spoons will be supplied.
- Cheese, sour cream, onions, crackers, and hot sauce will be provided.
- Soda and water will be available at no charge.
- Entrants can eat and vote if they pay the $10.00 “sampling fee”.
- Winner will be determined by popular vote; entries will be numbered for easy voting.
- 1st place $50.00 Kroger gift card
- 2nd place $25.00 Kroger gift card
Who makes the best Catholic chili or soup in Reading? Let’s all get together on Sunday 11-14 for an afternoon of good food and good fun for a good cause to find out!
All Proceeds go to Our Lady of the Valley Youth Ministry!